Re: Nikon and Mirrorless

davev8 wrote:

T3 wrote:

davev8 wrote:

T3 wrote:

davev8 wrote:

T3 wrote:

davev8 wrote:

tel you what ...lets bookmark this page and put £25GBP bet on it ..i take paypal

the bet is canon will use EF mount for the canon FF MILC.....i do this before on same subject but was not taken up on it

More than happy to! But we need to clarify that the bet is that Canon WON'T EVER offer FF EF-M lenses and FF EF-M body.

we cannot do that ...unless we have to the end of time ...i say we bet that canons 1st FF MILC has FE mount with no adaptors ...or not....so then its resolved on the day that its released as FF MILC with EF mount or EF-M mount... or something completely different then we both have lost ...so a draw..no winner ....we will get a different mount when we get a curved sensor but that a long way off...but canon has patents on a curved sensor

i bet that canons 1st FF MILC will take EF mount lenses with no adaptor

Ok, sure, I'll take that bet. As I've said, the tide is against you. And everything is in place for FF EF-M. I think it's crazy that you're ignoring that Canon already has short-flange mirrorless that is already FF-ready,

not as ready as you think for a FF EF-m you need lenses AND body .....for a FF EF mount MILC i am only waiting for a body ...canon has millions of uses trapped with a pile of EF lenses ....no way will canon let them go ...how often on DPR have you read that folk are not happy with canon bodies manly with DR and if it was not for the lenses and the £££$$$ they have they would go elsewhere .

LOL, Canon is not letting them go. That's what the adapter is for. Canon has explicitly said that if you want to use any Canon EF lenses on their Canon mirrorless bodies, you'll do so with an adapter. All of those EF lenses are still totally compatible. People have been using Canon EF lenses on Canon mirrorless bodies since 2012! Where in the world have you been? Like I said, it's a done deal. The cat's already out of the bag.

as far as i am aware canon have never ever made any reference to a FF MILC

Well, neither did Sony when Sony launched the E-mount system! But it was an obvious inevitability.

The Sony E-mount has a 46mm throat diameter and an 18mm flange distance. The EF-M mount has a 47mm throat diameter and an 18mm flange distance. This is no coincidence. This is no accident. EF-M has clearly been designed to handle FF.

You also have to understand that Canon didn't want to say anything about FF MILC because they still wanted to protect their DSLR sales, and they did not want to do anything to spur on the popularity of mirrorless too quickly. So they played coy.

T3's gear list:T3's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL3 Canon EOS M Fujifilm X-E1 Samsung NX30 +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow