4k on a HD monitor/TV

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
flektogon
flektogon Senior Member • Posts: 2,357
4k on a HD monitor/TV

I am sorry to ask this question again, but I would like to be sure that I shouldn't be afraid to buy (and shoot) with 4k camera/camcorder. O.K. I have only HD displaying equipment and not planning to replace it soon. But I am desperate to replace my Sony CX-12 camcorder with something like Sony AX53. So, my question is this:

When I take 4k clips, how can I create (i.e. combine those clips into) a video file suitable for watching on those 2k devices? I do not have very fast PC, so I am avoiding any video editing. I am able to create a 15-20 min long video just by combining individual clips without any other editing (occasionally I just trim some clips using the free PlayMemories Home Sony application). Well, the "editing in camera" I learned a long time ago when shooting on expensive Super8 film.

So, is there a way to down-sample the 4k clips directly in the camcorder/camera and upload them to PC as 1080(p) files? Or would I need to upload 4k files and such free application like Sony PMH will be able to convert them into 1080 files and then combine them?

Thanks for advice.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Peter

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow