How is the 6DMKII Servo AF?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
G Dickson Regular Member • Posts: 115
How is the 6DMKII Servo AF?

I am thinking about a 6DII.  Read all the reviews and the dramas and I know that the DR issue for me at least is not a big deal. Most of my uses would be wll above base ISO.   I have downloaded a few RAW files and played with them and to be honest the cropability (?) and colours and malleability of the images seem good for my uses.  I only use video in 1080 and to be honest, again the samples I have seen look fine for my use.  I use a 1DMKIV with a heavy lean towards wildlife.  The 6DII would be for landscapes, people, travel, backup, astro landscapes, low light stuff and a fair bit of video.  If the servo AF is suspect then it makes no sense for me to contemplate it as a back up or second body.  I have read a fair amount of praise for the 80D AF for wildlife (including BIF) but so far there seems not much out there for the 6DII.  I would be really interested in any real world experience from users so far.  The DXO review has almost made my mind up, but the remaining question is really only the servo AF.  I guess the Digital Picture review put me off a bit as he talked about servo AF not being that good IIRC.

Many thanks in advance.

G Dickson's gear list:G Dickson's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Olympus OM-D E-M10 Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +4 more
Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow