Just took a stint to "my" old forum Locked

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Cornu Junior Member • Posts: 49
Just took a stint to "my" old forum

wow, what achange over the years, must have been 8-10 years since my last visit.

The Canon 1D/5D forum of dpreview - I have fond memories of it, great advice, inspiring images and tips, pros discussing pro matters and the occasional troll.

That was then, in the golden old days of full-frame infancy. It still is a great forum, but it seems to additionally attract a new type of person.

Now - what shall I say - it looks like some really rich people have entered, asking the most basic questions about horribly expensive pro camera systems with lenses weighing half a ton or so. Yes, it is possible to photograph birds in the garden with a Canon 1D category and pro telezoom or walk a park with 20kg (40 pounds or so) of kit. Can be done.

/rant

I am so happy to be here, read some of the thoughtful postings, watch some of the inspiring images and listen to the pros.

Kudos to this forum and to dpreview for making it possible.

Cornu's gear list:Cornu's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow