My GPS problems solved with Lightroom

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
photo_rb Contributing Member • Posts: 707
My GPS problems solved with Lightroom

I had issues getting a fast connection between my iPhone and the a6500 for GPS imprinting on a consistent basis and I was considering getting an Adroid phone as I read the connection was better.

I was used to the GPS module on my Canon and didn't want to go back to my old system of syncing my camera and GPS device for time and then using a third party app to add the GPS info to my RAW files before importing to Lightroom.

I finally realized that I can use an iPhone app to record a track and import that into the Lightroom Map Module and automatically sync the data.  The iPhone app I am using is called Gaia which I highly recommend for hiking but I'm sure there are many apps that can do this.  I do a camera connection with PlayMemories before starting a hike to make sure the times are synced.

I'm sure many, if not most, knew this but I thought I would pass it on for any Lightroom users who like me, might have missed it.  I've been a LR user for years but since I always brought in images with the GPS data imbedded, I never explored this aspect of the map module.

photo_rb's gear list:photo_rb's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Sony a5100 Canon EOS 5DS R Sony a6500 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS +16 more
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow