D850 and Japanese F-15

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
windsprite
windsprite Senior Member • Posts: 2,477
D850 and Japanese F-15

By the time I got the memo from Nikon Japan that the D850 was for boys only, it was too late; I had already been using mine for a week.

I wonder if it's too late to return it?

Ah well.  Yesterday I grabbed some shots of a F-15 that was passing overhead. The lens is the old AF-S 300/4D with the TC-14E II, stopped down to f/7.1.

As my software (DxO Optics Pro) doesn't support the D850 yet, I took the embedded preview JPEG and tweaked it a bit in FastStone, so I wouldn't recommend making any hasty judgments about noise, artifacts, etc. (I know, I know.  This is DPR .... )

I'll post a small shot to show what the original framing was like before cropping.  Don't bother opening this, as it's only 800 px wide.

Then I'll post what I got when I resized to 50 percent and cropped.  (Click on "original.")

Last, I'll post a 100% crop from the cockpit area.  Click on "original" and remember, this is from the embedded JPEG.  No freaking out, OK?

Oh, and the plane is a Mitsubishi F-15J Eagle.  The Japanese Air Self Defense Force has 155 of them in service, plus 40 or 50 training craft, of which this is probably one.

Julie

Original framing, 800px

50 percent

100 percent

windsprite's gear list:windsprite's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon D2H Nikon D300 +40 more
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow