Where's the dust?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
schwisch New Member • Posts: 19
Where's the dust?

I just bought my first film camera from Ebay. It's a Canon AE-1 Program. I've tested it out and everything seems functional and the light seals are good. So I decide to go ahead and clean the camera. Did the whole blower thing, dry cleaning, and then wet cleaning. But when I look through the viewfinder, I still see what I believe to be dust.

I don't think it's on the lens because when I remove the lens and just look through the viewfinder, I still see the dust. So the thing is... this is the first time I've cleaned a camera, so maybe this is just an error on my part?

But when I take the lens off, I cleaned the mirror. I don't see any visible dust there. Then I also cleaned the top bit? Don't really know what it's called. I don't think it's a mirror as it's not really reflective. I'm assuming it's the focusing screen? And I also cleaned the eyepiece for the viewfinder. Did I miss something?

schwisch's gear list:schwisch's gear list
Nikon D5200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow