The D850 and the Voigtlander 125/2.5

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Emil Varadi Senior Member • Posts: 1,295
The D850 and the Voigtlander 125/2.5

I always felt the Voigtlander's Apo Lanthar 125/2.5 was probably one of the most poetic lenses available. It's so easy to fall in love with the way it portrays the world. It has fabulous bokeh.

However it's an old design, and I had the feeling that on the mighty Nikon D850 it may be ... well kind of outdated. That this monster of a camera would cripple it, show its shortcomings. I had the feeling that I may have to sell it, and keep my more modern short teles like the Zeiss 135/2 or the Nikon 105/1,4.

I got my D850 more than 10 days ago, but having just moved back to my native country at end August and facing another relocation in early October, I have too little time to do any lengthy testing. Nothing scientific. Just a quick and dirty test for myself.

So here it goes. (And yes, I accidentally left the D850 on ISO 400). Shot in jpeg, no changes, no sharpening. Straight from the camera.)

The VL 125/2.5 stays. Simply because I feel this is a match made in heaven.

Emil Varadi's gear list:Emil Varadi's gear list
Ricoh GR Nikon D800E Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +3 more
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow