Even my high-end DSLR can't achieve this kind of exposure, balancing lights and darks as IP 8+

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tony Lau Regular Member • Posts: 173
Even my high-end DSLR can't achieve this kind of exposure, balancing lights and darks as IP 8+

"Even my high-end DSLR can't achieve this kind of exposure, balancing lights and darks. Apple is using high dynamic range techniques in the background to expose everything properly -- producing the same image my eye sees." as per photographer James Martin.

https://www.cnet.com/features/apple-iphone-8-plus-camera-perfect-photos-san-francisco/

I don't believe the statement in the context of large print , but for computer screen size or web base display, do you think this conclusion valid ? If so, forget about the need of compact mirroless, a phone with zoom lens is propbably not enought for us ethusiast , but the sufficient for 50% of crowd, even more?

it also prove the importance of computational and software editing in future photography that traditional camera makers cannot ignore.

-- hide signature --

Tony
Nikon D750+Nikon 16-35mm f4 VR+Nikon 50mm f.8g+Nikon 70-200 F4 VR+Nikon SB700

Tony Lau's gear list:Tony Lau's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow