What Canon should I buy? Advice on details, etc. *Read below

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
caramelswirls New Member • Posts: 6
What Canon should I buy? Advice on details, etc. *Read below

I have been taking photos/had a love for photography for close to 10 years. Recently photography has come full circle for me and *travel photography specifically is something I am pursuing hardcore. My first camera was given to me, it was a Nikon D3000 - that camera was stolen about 3 years ago.

That being said, I don't think I want to get Nikon again, I've heard they have limited lenses, and a few other things - I'm not an expert...I would like to hear honest advice from more experienced photographers regarding Canon equipment, body styles, megapixels, features, etc - things that would be in my best interest and details that are involved in picking out a camera that specifically pertain to the type of photography that I am wanting to pursue: such as; landscapes, wide open nature shots, mountains, beaches, large crowds of people, views from way up high, city views, etc. I know that is broad - however that gives you an idea, I am not a portrait photographer, or someone who will be in a studio...although detail is very important to me/depth of field. With what research I have done with Canon, and travel photography, I am 90% sure Canon is the brand I want to go with. THOUGHTS???

My first camera will most likely be used as that's what I can afford right now. What is a good base camera I could start off with?

I realize that's a lot of scattered information - - I would much rather converse with other like-minded individuals over a method like this rather than read an article online or walk into a camera store, and talk to someone who just wants to sell me something. If some reads this and has any advice, I would be so grateful! I look forward to the feedback and continued conversation!

Thank you so much!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D3000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow