How many of you have multiple cameras and why?

Started Sep 19, 2017 | Discussions thread
mosswings Veteran Member • Posts: 8,953
Re: How many of you have multiple cameras and why?

chaznsc wrote:

I was wondering how many of you have multiple cameras and why you do. I have a few but really no purpose to it other than perhaps laziness of disposing other cameras.

Over time inertia, nostalgia, and a misplaced sense of utility can result in useless aggregation.  Setting that aside, I have three cameras: my DSLR, an old enthusiast point and shoot, and my cellphone.  The DSLR is for "serious" photographic missions, the point and shoot is for when a DSLR is simply the wrong tool for the purpose (active sports or discreet situations), and the cellphone is for most casual and conversational/transactional photographs...which is pretty much 90% of my photography these days.

The 2 cameras mothballed in my closet really should be let go, but they're not worth much, no one really wants a film body anymore, and they still work...

mosswings's gear list:mosswings's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus Stylus 1 Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tex
(unknown member)
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow