Moving from 7d to 6dII or 5Div?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Elessar Dudain Junior Member • Posts: 26
Moving from 7d to 6dII or 5Div?

For the last 7 years I have been a happy user of the original Canon 7d. It was my first DSLR having used serval compacts and my Canon 'film' EOS 10 bought in the 80's. So I don't change camera bodies that often. I want to move over to full frame because of DOF and improvements in low light work. I have been steadily replacing my my EF-S lenses. So I now have EF 16-35 F4 L ,  24-70 F4 L, 70-200 F4L IS (with 1.4 tele), EF 85 1.8, EF 100 2.8 macro.

I am favouring the 5Div as my next long term investment in a camera body but would be interested from actual users of the 6dII and 5div. I've read the multiple reviews and watched the various youtube reviews. So I know the specs of each and their advantages and disadvantages.

The flippy screen of the 6dII would be a real asset for video (mainly of holidays and family stuff) but I am guessing that I will miss the joystick control of my 7d if I don't go for the 5div. I am also a bit concerned about the reviews of 1080p video on the 6dII being soft. Any thoughts please? (again - from real world users, particularly those who have gone from a 7d or 7dII not those who have read the specs like myself).

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow