Refurbished RX10 III - worth considering?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Hoddle Junior Member • Posts: 47
Refurbished RX10 III - worth considering?

I've been following prices RX10 III's from Australian retailers etc in recent times. And there's a good range of prices and options including a current Sony offer whereby you get back a $300+ suitcase in the deal. I'm avoiding "grey" imported versions.

But generally the current going price seems to be $2000 to $2300 AUD - before the suitcase deal. And the Mk IV looks like being about $2500 when it's released.

Now those prices are a bit beyond me and I may wait and hope that the Mk III price drops after Mk IV is out.

But I have noticed that the Aussie Sony Shop has a "refurbished" RX10 III currently available for approx $1600 - with a short term discount bringing it down to approx $1300. And supposedly they do offer a 12 month warranty.

Now I don't know enough about "refurbished" to really want to risk it - and it may be sold any minute now. But in theory at least - what is the view here of buying this (or any) refurbished RX10 III?

BTW - I still use my RX10 Mk I - but at some point I definitely want to upgrade (mainly for the extra zoom)

Hoddle's gear list:Hoddle's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX10 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow