Fujifilm xf55-200 lens *Loose zoom ring (Zoom creep) & hearing/feeling clicks when zooming

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Wenzu777 New Member • Posts: 3
Fujifilm xf55-200 lens *Loose zoom ring (Zoom creep) & hearing/feeling clicks when zooming

Hi, I bought my first lens about a month ago (xf 55-200). I could feel that the zoom ring was a little loose when compared to the lens that came with my fuji XT1 (xf 18-55).
Now I bought the xf100-400 and although it has a lock to keep the zoom ring from creeping out its still stiff and wont creep by itself even when I'm on the move.
Yesterday I went back to use the xf 55-200 lens and I could feel how loose it is and I don't like the extra work and attention it needs when I'm using it or moving with it because its always creeping out.
Now that I paid attention to this problem I can also feel and hear tiny clicks right in the middle of zooming in and out and its bugging me.
Have any of you guys owned a lens with the same problems or heard of similar stories? 
Do you think its best to keep it or contact the seller to ship it back?

Here's a Youtube video to show how loose the zoom ring is although you cant hear the clicks:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPwt_J-2YQw
Apreciate any help. Thanks!

Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow