Moving From Pentax to A6500 Questions

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Albermarle New Member • Posts: 2
Moving From Pentax to A6500 Questions

I’ve decided to finally take the leap and move into the mirrorless world. I’m very excited about using a newer tool and learning some new techniques but I do have a few questions I hope some users can answer for me before I take the very expensive step of buying an A6500, a Sony 10-18mm, a Ziess 16-70mm, a Sony 50mm and a Sony 55-210mm.

1. Pentax cameras take raw images in DNG format which I prefer. I can put them straight into Lightroom without converting and there are no side-car files. If I convert the Sony ARW files to DNG is there any loss of information/quality? I’m after a simple yes/no answer (or something close to that) because it seems this question gets people side tracked and the answer gets confusing.
  2. Can anyone recommend an adaptor for a Pentax K-mount to Sony E-mount? My understanding is I can still use my Pentax lenses, albeit in a limited way, so this is a big attraction of the A6500. Canon and Nikon adaptors seem abundant.
  3. I am a bit nervous about the Ziess 16-50mm. It fits my needs much better than the Sony 18-105mm (wider, lighter, sharper). There seems to be some concern about good copies and bad copies of this lens. Is this still problem? I would have thought Sony/Ziess would have had time to rectify any QC issues by now and it is an expensive lens. To spend all that money and end up with a lens that was simply “not sharp” would be devastating.
  4. I’m a left eye shooter and I am assuming the A6500 is still usable for left eye shooters. Its form factor is clearly different to the DSLR I’m used to. Are there left eye shooters with an A6500 out there?

Any advice is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow