The Great Lens Debacle

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Aerial Vision New Member • Posts: 17
The Great Lens Debacle

Hi guys,

I've been into aviation photography/videography over the past few years now and have recently decided to buy a Sony a6300 in the near future. I saw a bundle for a very good price containing the 6300, 16-50 and 55-210. I was about to go with this package until I noticed several forums declaring the lenses "soft." I then saw a video on YouTube ( https://youtu.be/LtTgxJflihg ) which used a 24-240 OSS, and I must admit, the results are reasonably sharp and the AF is snappy, what your opinion on this? So my question to you is: what lens package should I choose? 18-105 and 55-210 or 24-240? Which lens package would be sharpest from its combined shortest focal length to its longest focal length. I would like to make one thing clear, however; I cannot choose any other lenses, so it's either the 18-105 and 55-210 to get me from wide-telephoto, or the 24-240.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ben.

Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow