The Great Lens Debacle

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Aerial Vision
Aerial Vision Junior Member • Posts: 43
The Great Lens Debacle

Hi guys,

I've been into aviation photography/videography over the past few years now and have recently decided to buy a Sony a6300 in the near future. I saw a bundle for a very good price containing the 6300, 16-50 and 55-210. I was about to go with this package until I noticed several forums declaring the lenses "soft." I then saw a video on YouTube ( https://youtu.be/LtTgxJflihg ) which used a 24-240 OSS, and I must admit, the results are reasonably sharp and the AF is snappy, what your opinion on this? So my question to you is: what lens package should I choose? 18-105 and 55-210 or 24-240? Which lens package would be sharpest from its combined shortest focal length to its longest focal length. I would like to make one thing clear, however; I cannot choose any other lenses, so it's either the 18-105 and 55-210 to get me from wide-telephoto, or the 24-240.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ben.

Aerial Vision's gear list:Aerial Vision's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Xperia Z5
Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow