$129 lens repair/replacement

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RA40 Regular Member • Posts: 474
$129 lens repair/replacement

The only native lens I had for the M3 was the 18-55. The lens has taken some good images though I've not been happy with the decentering artifacts. The sides of the frame has color shifts and the top right corner is blurred 1/3'rd down the frame. For a casual use camera when I rationalized it this was manageable. I'd passed the return window from KEH thinking it was livable but that changed as more images were taken.

When KEH has the 18-55 it sells sub $100. The thought to buy another used sample or seek repair/replacement through Canon came up. I was in the area of the Canon Costa Mesa service center so I stopped in for the reps thoughts. He relayed that this is a not a repair lens but a refurb-replacement for $129.  The replacement is 6 months warranty.  With tax and shipping the lens totaled $142.11.  I would feel that at least this one will be a good working copy so the price was worth it. We'll see though.

The 18-55  has now cost $25X.XX. Bummed to have spent more so I'll be more diligent after this.

-- hide signature --

Mike:)

RA40's gear list:RA40's gear list
Canon PowerShot G6 Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot G15 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M3 +13 more
Canon EOS M3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow