Pen F 38mm 2.8 and other superthin lenses on MFT

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
whoisjsd
whoisjsd Junior Member • Posts: 43
Pen F 38mm 2.8 and other superthin lenses on MFT

Has anybody here ever shot with the Olympus Pen F 38mm f/2.8 pancake? I am looking for the thinnest possible 40-55mm lens for anamorphic shooting. With most non-native pancakes the adapter makes it a moot point and there aren't any native pancake lenses that go further than 25-30mm.

I really need to get some feedback before I buy one of those, as they are pretty expensive. I am still hunting a shop here in Japan that has one I can try.

I am also curious about the Pen F 38mm 1.8, if anybody has tried it. There isn't much info on these using Pen F on modern cameras...

Overall, if anybody knows a super thin combo, even with adapter, I am open to suggestions. Must have a filter ring. would rather it be around 45mm, but the smaller the lens the more room you have for anamorphic adapters and focus solutions. I'm hoping that if the lens is thin enough, I can get away with using 38mm.

All help is appreciated!

whoisjsd's gear list:whoisjsd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow