Olympus lens question

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
MichaelInGC Contributing Member • Posts: 544
Olympus lens question

I was in the local camera store today getting an estimate for my Canon gear in exchange for some Olympus lenses. The shop is largely Canon and Nikon oriented but they did have a large, but not deep, selection of new Olympus M4/3 lenses which I tried out.

While I was there I noticed a used 12-50mm Olympus M4/3 lens, reasonably priced, but I have no real idea as to the IQ of the lens. I assume, based on its price, that it is somewhere between the inexpensive kit lenses and the Pro lenses, but perhaps someone can tell me if this is more of a kit lens or more of a high quality lens. It was not expensive, but I don't want to waste money either. The lens has a power zoom which I assume is largely for video and I have no real need for a video lens. Still, the range is not bad and might mean I did not end up buying the 12-100.

Thank you.

MichaelInGC's gear list:MichaelInGC's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow