Which iMac?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
robgendreau Veteran Member • Posts: 5,031
Re: Which iMac?

Albert Valentino wrote:

bobframe wrote:

Just a quick follow up. My new 21" iMac arrived yesterday. Wow...just Wow. The 21" display size is perfect, the 4K Retina display is gorgeous and the 1TB SSD is smokin' fast. Apps open like flipping on a light switch. Expensive, but worth it.

What took me so long?

I will probably do similar within a few months. My 15" 2010 MBP can use a upgrade. I actually upgraded it years ago by adding a 1TB SSD and maxing out the ram, which apple will not let customers do anymore.

I want a 21" iMac, 16gb ram, and probably 500gb SSD. That shoudl hold me for a number of years. I purchased a 27" iMac in 2009 but sold it six months later at a big loss since I could not stand sitting in front of that huge screen. 21" is fine for me, and is cheaper and faster than a similar 15" MBP (16gb ram and 500gb SSD).

Will wait for the black friday sale at BH 😃

Look at one before you buy. To get the full advantage of a retina, if that's what you wanna do, it helps to be closer. If you're like 30" away, then perhaps a retina would be a waste. Kinda like holding your phone at arm's length. You can use that 21.5" retina at like 16", which isn't far off laptop distance.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow