1dX Mark II - many out of focus photos in SERVO mode

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tadziak New Member • Posts: 24
1dX Mark II - many out of focus photos in SERVO mode

Hello,

Sine November 2016 I'm the owner of brand new 1dX Mark II. In general camera is impressive, however I've been struggling with big amount of out of focus pictures, especially in Servo Mode, shooting sports in which the athlete is approaching fast.

Of course, those are not easy circumstances, but I still feel like my old 1d Mark IV or current 7d Mk2 are more reliable and have better % of good, sharp shots.

The camera has been checked by Canon service already 4 times (2 times in Poland, once in Austria, once in Germany). Always returned with the same verdict: no issues were found.

I'm using the Canon 70-200 2.8 L lens and the Canon 100-400 4.5-5.6 II. The problem seems to occur on both. In general it's not terrible, it's just not as good as I would expect for that kind of money and class.

I don't cross out the possibility that it's my fault, especially that I did not own 1DX so it's quite a big difference in the way AF works here. But over the past 11 months I tried different settings, presets and it did not really help. I just learned to take many shots, hoping some are okay.

Below I post an example of my problem. If somebody would be kind enough to advise or offer some feedback - I would appreciate.

NOTE: In most cases I use single central focus point or central + surrounding ones.

Here is also a link to more examples of not sharp sequences of photos (full, original files):

https://we.tl/KBSjZqqACW

Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow