PhotoShop CC on newest Ipad Pro?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jdc562 Regular Member • Posts: 104
PhotoShop CC on newest Ipad Pro?

If it works, I'd like to use the newest Ipad Pro for reviewing ~85mb RAW files while travelling.  I'd like to use my PhotoShop CC to do this, but I'm not willing to futz around with glitches, slow loads, and other slow performance.

I already have a maxed-out, late-2016, MacBook Pro that works great with PhotoShop CC, but I don't want to risk it while travelling--especially in hot desert temperatures, accidental drops, theft, etc., where I often go.  Even though I carefully protect my equipment while travelling, things happen, and I'd rather risk a $1100 Ipad Pro than a $4,500 MacBook Pro. There's also the advantage of the smaller size of the Ipad.

Staff at my local Apple Store said PhotoShop CC would work well on the Ipad.  However, my experience is that Apple Store staff often don't understand what they're saying, and few have any experience with PhotoShop and RAW files.  In addition, I've read claims that the Ipad's operating system doesn't work well with PhotoShop, but I don't know how up-to-date this info is.

Does anyone have experience with the newest Ipads reviewing big RAW files with PhotoShopCC?   This is just for reviewing image quality, not for editing, etc.  However, I do want to copy my RAW files to a back-up external SSD.   I don't want to hassle with extra files, like jpgs.

jdc562's gear list:jdc562's gear list
Sony Alpha a99 Sony a99 II
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow