Shallow DoF Impossible w/ m4/3 - Moving to Medium Format

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Phocal
Phocal Senior Member • Posts: 1,930
Shallow DoF Impossible w/ m4/3 - Moving to Medium Format

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.......................

Anyways.......................

Was out in my kayak Saturday on the west fork of the San Jacinto River where it empties into Lake Conroe.  Watched this Green Heron hunt for 3 1/2 hours as he moved about a small section of the river.  He didn't seem to mind me getting 8-12 feet away as long as I moved slowly.  But..............every time a powerboat or kayakers came by he would fly to another tree or stump.  Well, he would only fly when the kayakers came by if they were talking, otherwise he would stay.  Needless to say I had to move back close to him multiple times during the day, was a busy day on the river for some reason.

Out of all the times he caught a small fish, this was my favorite capture.  I really love how the narrow DoF only includes his eyes and part of the beak.

EM1 w/ ZD 150mm f2.0 + EC-14, small amount of crop from leveling.  Handheld from a kayak.

As always, any comments/critiques are welcomed

Ronnie

Phocal's gear list:Phocal's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 150mm 1:2.0 Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake +5 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 150mm 1:2.0
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow