I Don't Want To Stay With Nikon, But I Might Have To.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Batdude
Batdude Senior Member • Posts: 2,337
I Don't Want To Stay With Nikon, But I Might Have To.

What kind of company is Ricoh?  Do they listen to their customers?  What kind of company was Pentax?

As most of you already probably know I have gotten to really really like the K1 FF IQ.  I personally, due to personal color tone taste, I have not been happy with Nikon for many years.  Yes is nice, and I have never been a "sharpness" or "resolution" freak, but I do see the differences in camera brand output.  I really like pentax color tones and I think they are bloody amazing, mainly the RAW output.

I really don't want to continue investing in Nikon and I would literately like to stop right here, sell all my Nikon gear, and move on with pentax.  Unfortunately that is not going to happen due to AF performance.  The AF responsiveness is simply too slow compared to even some older cameras.  If only ricoh provided an AF update for the K1 that would be just wonderful.  If not then I might just be forced to stay with Nikon.

I read in a recent thread that you guys were "expecting something else" when it comes to AF update for the K1.  Do you guys think ricoh listens to you guys and do you think there will be a chance ricoh will provide a firmware update to seriously boost the AF in the K1, or even a K1 successor soon?

Like I said before, If ONLY the AF in the K1 was much better, I would be willing to shoot with only the 24-70 until more lenses come out.  I would be willing to make that sacrifice.

Ricoh, PLEASE provide a firmware update for the K1 AF.  Pretty please?  

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Pentax K-1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +8 more
Pentax K-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
SBS
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow