XT1 - Playback Read Error - Anyone had this....?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rod McD Veteran Member • Posts: 5,584
XT1 - Playback Read Error - Anyone had this....?

Hi,

I have a three year old XT1.  It has always behaved well - no faults at all (since the early model light leak was fixed).  The camera is in factory default mode - works for me.  No new FW changes have been added in recent times.

It has recently developed an annoying fault in playback mode.  When I'm using the D-pad to move back and forth between recorded images, if I press the right key to advance to the most recent image and press once too often (as if to go beyond the most recent image), I get a "read error".  This error locks play-back mode - it prevents me returning to any recorded images.  I can go back to shooting mode but if I return immediately to playback mode to try to view the images again, the read error is still there.

The 'work-around' seems to be to go back to shooting mode, take a quick image of anything, and then when I return to playback mode, the camera displays the new most recent image and I can access all earlier images as well. That's as long as I don't go forward beyond the new most recent image.  (If I do the same read error recurs).

Anyone had anything like this?  It's very irritating.  Is there a fix?  And is it definitely  the camera or can an SD card develop faults when reading back?  Thx.

Regards, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Olympus Tough TG-4 Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +9 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow