Upgrading from Nikon D5100

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KathP Contributing Member • Posts: 781
Upgrading from Nikon D5100

I currently have a Nikon D5100 and have been thinking of upgrading to a D7500, why? because I want a faster camera for focusing on birds, have been reading reviews and yes not many like the D7500 but it doesn't worry me about having only one slot, that's all my 5100 has.

why not upgrade to the next in the 5000 line? because I always wanted to upgrade to the 7000 series cameras and like the layout, I like the idea of 8 frames a second, touch screen, tilt screen, I am use to the touch screen on my Panasonic G6.

I have been following posts on the D7500 here and some of you have good reviews on it, just a question, how would the Samsung 150-60mm contemporary lens go on the 7500, would it be too top heavy? Not sure on the weight difference with my current camera and the 7500.

the D500 is priced too high here in Australia so this is out for me, can get the 7500 for around $1300AU online for the camera only, (in shops it's around $2000 and more) D500 is $1900 plus online and even more in the shops. I eventually will upgrade my lenses as still have the kit lens from my 5100, will be using the Nikon 70-300 lens for awhile (has been given to me) and my Sigma for longer reach.

Has anybody been taking birds with the 7500, has does it handle focus tracking as this is important to me as find the 5100 hunts badly sometimes, have got some nice shots with my camera but it's time for an upgrade after six years of use.

-- hide signature --

Kathy
My Albums
My cameras: Nikon D5100, Panasonic LUMIX G6

KathP's gear list:KathP's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 Nikon D5100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Leica D Vario-Elmar 14-50mm F3.8-5.6 Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D500 Nikon D5100 Nikon D7500 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow