Test shot: Sigma 19 vs Sony 10-18 vs Sony 16-50

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
rjjr Forum Pro • Posts: 14,095
Re: Test shot: Sigma 19 vs Sony 10-18 vs Sony 16-50

JohnNEX wrote:

uhligfd wrote:

I am quite amazed that you compare 3 lenses on the same tripod etc, BUT, but that you let minutes (if not more time) elapse while just changing lenses.

Of course as the sun moves, so does the perceived contrast = sharpness. Why did you wait so long between shots? Diid you have difficulties changing lenses, I wonder. What were they?

I am looking at the times of the shots and wondering how I did them so quickly!

I did take several shots with each lens, at different apertures, each with a 10 second timer. I also took off a protective filter from the 10-18, and put it back on again again. All takes time.

The sun does not move far enough in 5 minutes to significantly change the shots for the this purpose. As I said earlier, the tests are not exactly scientific.

They may not be "scientific" but, in my experience with three copies of the same Sony lenses, they are demonstrative of what one can expect from images made with these lenses in normal use, none of which would be made "scientifically" either.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow