First wedding with a Godox AD600

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jkjond
jkjond Veteran Member • Posts: 8,421
First wedding with a Godox AD600

A large monolight isn't ideal at weddings unless you have an assistant - it is too large to carry around along with everything else. I don't have an assistant, or didn't until a quick chat with the B&G led to recruiting an enthusiastic guest for 20 minutes.

Without assistance I'd have needed more time, and as this was a new venue I'd already used up my quiet time during the wedding breakfast scouting the location for outdoor backdrops. My fave find was this overhanging tree branch, just high enough to clear their heads and a fascinating shape.

I chose this light based on price and it auto switching to HSS so that I can ramp my shutter speed right up yet still have lots of power from the flash - my nikon sb units can't match the output. It also has a bowens s-ring, so easy to fit my existing studio accessories, though for this shoot I used a collapsable godox softbox (80 or 90cms, not sure which).

So here's one of my first portraits using the light, about half an hour before sun down.

A nice addition for my portfolio in contrast to my reportage flashless work.

-- hide signature --

Wedding and fine art photographer based in the Lake District, UK

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow