Bracketing and a Firmware suggestion

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ken Gosden Senior Member • Posts: 2,472
Bracketing and a Firmware suggestion

One thing that has been bugging me for a while is around the many auto-bracketing modes.  And now that I have been using focus bracketing a lot it bugs me even more.  Mainly why isn't there a built-in option to have the FW place a simple start and end frame image file in the sequence?  I am thinking something as simple as a very low resolution solid green background with white "Start" text in the center and a red background with "End".  It bothered me somewhat with exposure bracketing, but there I was always generating a fixed number of frames that I chose.  With the focus stacking in camera feature the camera decides how many frames.  I often take a few test shots in single exposure mode and think, great opportunity for focus stacking.  So I enable it and press the shutter.  I get home and now have 8-16 frames before the obvious in camera stacked image.  Unless I remember to take a shot of my hand or finger before taking the focus stack I cannot always tell which was the first in the series.  Does anyone else have similar frustrations?  It could even be a user option to enable these frames.  they could be as low as 640x480 and would probably consume a few a couple of kilobytes at most.

Ken Gosden's gear list:Ken Gosden's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus Tough TG-3 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II +21 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow