Amateur need help with focus and exposure with XE-2 on low light dim Museum pictures.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jackthinkpad New Member • Posts: 14
Amateur need help with focus and exposure with XE-2 on low light dim Museum pictures.

I use the Fuji XE-2 with the XF F2.8 27mm pancake len and never carry a tripod,  which is my default ware. I seem to be having lots of trouble with the ISO and shutter speed settings and not so much the aperture setting. I probably need to spend more time adjusting my setting before I take the shot as the outcome is 90% blurry shots and 10% decent (in infocus) and I want to invert this outcome.

The XE2 is good for still photos and at times, I have people in the picture like when I am visiting this museum and it has low light(like near sunset) indoors. I set the XE-2 at Single focus switch(instead of Continuous) and press the shutter at halfway to focus until it is a green box but my pictures still come out blurry. At low light, I was using 300-400 ISO, set my shutter at about 1/40 to 1/60 but most time I'm at  Aperture mode and slightly changing the shutter speed and ISO depending on the replay of the visit. The pictures are still out of focus. Do I (the user) need more practice shooting indoors and adjusting the camera's Aperture, ISO, and shutter speed configurations, or is the picture setting creating an impossible photography-taking moment , or is the XE2 not technically capable for this indoor setting?

I think in this low light Museum situation with a visitor(s) in the picture who is moving slightly or my hand shaking, I think I should be taking the shots at 1/60 seconds minimum and adjusting the Aperture and ISO settings?.  Please feel free to tell me how to set my camera for these 4 pictures or what I've done wrong. I'm just at the post intro-photography book level. The first 2 pictures have bad focus. The last 2 pictures have decent focus.

1) F4, 2/5 sec, ISO 320

2) F5 , 1/4 sec, ISO 400

3) F3.6, 1/40 sec,  ISO 320

4) F4, 1/10 sec, ISO 320

Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow