Re: Test shot: Sigma 19 vs Sony 10-18 vs Sony 16-50

jtr27 wrote:

skanter wrote:

jtr27 wrote:

skanter wrote:

jtr27 wrote:

skanter wrote:

brilly wrote:

a good photographer can take a great photo with a potato - if you need a camera and lens then you should just quit now

if you agree then you are right

if you disagree then you are argumentative and should be ignored

Above post is about you - sarcastic, hostile, simplistic and - quite silly.

you can read all about it in my latest book which is all about me

You inadvertently have this absolutely right. A street photographer's work is about himself - not the subjects.

What an extraordinary and revealing pronouncement this is. Enough said.

A street photographer's work is about himself - not the subjects.

How extraordinary and revealing (and disappointing) that you do not know this to be a fact!

Do you not know anything about photography as an art form, the creative act, artistic expression - about artists and their relationship to their work?

No Sam, it's too late for false modesty now. You said "...is about himself, not the subjects." Nothing about relationship to their work, art form, creative act, artistic expression... or any of that phony-baloney ex-post-facto damage-control window-dressing that you tried to slap on with a putty knife after yet another condescending faux pas.

I meant exactly what I said - a street photographer's work is about himself - his artistic vision - not the subjects he shoots.

I am truly surprised at your ignorance and inability to understand this simple concept. You don't seem to have the slightest idea of what street photography is about, or about photography as an art form. Your attempts to insult and flame are sounding really silly now.

And I am truly surprised by your self-infatuation, and your inability to distinguish "artistic vision" (words inserted by you, after the fact) with narcissism.

Most would understand that "himself" and " his artistic vision" are the same. I added that for you for clarification as your comprehension of these ideas seems to be weak.

You just sound angry and ignorant - not a good combination.

Recommendation: buy some photo books of great street photographers, learn about individual artistic expression instead of spewing out sarcastic flames. It will be more productive!

Good luck to you.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow