A7R or A7ii (for my requirements)

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lee8x New Member • Posts: 4
A7R or A7ii (for my requirements)

hi all

i know there are plenty of A7 vs threads, but after going through loads of them I still feel the need to ask about certain queries. Simply because I've never owned a sony nor a FF sensor camera.

My current cameras are an old Eos Rebel, and an om-d m5 mk2 but I only use the latter since it outperforms the eos in almost everything

with a 2k budget I can go for a7r, a7ii or a7s, but since i wont be shooting videos, i left a7s aside.

my most shooting situation is in low light without tripod (street photography, casual events, festivals etc). I dont need features like tracking focus and endless focus points.

so with that in mind i was going for the a7r since it has better iso and higher res?

question is, what does it exactly boil down to when choosing between these 2 models? unfortunately i dont have access to any of these neither as rental, so i cant really talk about 'feel'.

*edit* forgot to ask about the autofocus issue. i read somewhere that one of these models had more issues than the rest? anyone knows about it?

thanks

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha a7 Sony Alpha a7R Sony Alpha a7S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow