Fed up with Epson clogs--Leave Epson for Canon or try P800?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Scott Dobry
Scott Dobry Regular Member • Posts: 232
Fed up with Epson clogs--Leave Epson for Canon or try P800?

I've been using Epson brand printers since the late 90's.  Upgrading all along as price went down and quality of photo prints when up (remember the green cast anyone?).

My last 2 Epson printers (3880 and R3000) have had horrible PK nozzle clogging issues.  I've tried, with some success, 3rd party "clog fix" solutions. But the clogs always reappear.  Recently, after a massive clog, I finally had the R3000 up and running again using a 3rd party DIY cleaning solution.   Eventually the black cart ran low so I replaced it.  Immediately following the replacement, ZERO bars in the test print!

So, I'm at the point where I am wondering if I should cut bait with Epson and switch to Canon or give Epson one last chance with something like the P800. B&H reviews seem to indicate it is much less prone to clogs.

Anyone have experience with the P800 with regards to clogs?  Better luck with Canon or do they have their own issues?

-- hide signature --

Scott Dobry
www.scottdobry.com

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow