Elinchrom Skyport Plus HS - Use with A Heads?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
mholdef Senior Member • Posts: 1,917
Elinchrom Skyport Plus HS - Use with A Heads?

I own an Elinchrom Ranger Quadra flash kit and am interested in buying the Skyport Plus HS to use with my Nikon.

I am aware that the High Speed Sync works best with the HS or S Heads, but I currently own only the two A Heads that came with the kit when I bought it.

While I have visited the Elinchrom webpage which provides some idea in terms of compatibility, I am unsure if aside from ebing able to trigger the flash, the Skyport will allow me to increase the sync speed using the A Heads, even 1 or 2 stops to 1/500 or even 1/1000 sec (as opposed to 1/8000 for instance with the HS Heads).

Right now I can only justify the investment in the Skyport, having to wait a bit before I can buy an S or HS Head, but gaining 1 or 2 stops would already offer me some benefit for shooting dance outdoors.

Does anyone have personal experience using the Skyport HS Plus with the Ranger Quadra and an A Head ?

Many thanks for feedback

Mark

-- hide signature --

www.500px.com/MarkHoldefehr
www.facebook.com/fotomarklyon

mholdef's gear list:mholdef's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon PC-E Nikkor 45mm f/2.8D ED +6 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow