Photo Booth set-up for a wedding

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
REDunnLev
REDunnLev Regular Member • Posts: 157
Re: Photo Booth set-up for a wedding

vander wrote:

This screams fear all over it.

I would be extremely concerned for leaving expensive gear "alone" with people at a wedding. Add some alcohol, little kids and people just not paying attention and it could get bumped, moved, or worse knocked over.

How are you going to control the focus? If you have the focus on manual, pre-set, then anyone not at the right spot will be out of focus. You'll need a lot of light if you want to get many people in focus as you'll require a lens stopped down to get everyone in focus.

If anyone moves it slightly or picks up the camera, and believe me, a left camera will likely get moved. :/
I'd be sweating this one. Perhaps a cheap camera, sure. But anything half decent I would either stay the attendant or get someone who can.

Best of luck.

-- hide signature --

Check out my photo galleries !!
http://www.vandervalk.ca

I totally agree.  You forgot the staff of the venue.  They are always moving/scurrying around trying to keep everything  in order that they could inadvertently hit your stuff.

I've been to a couple of weddings with the rented photo booths and they are a big hit without the inherent liabilities associated with using your own equipment.  Also, the guests don't care as much about IQ, thus a rented booth will work great.

Consider getting one that has props like hats and boas.  The kids will be more likely to play with the props and not the equipment.

REDunnLev's gear list:REDunnLev's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow