Anybody ditch their DSLR an go FZ300 or Bridge only ?

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
Mikedigi Forum Pro • Posts: 10,397
I have Macro ON all the time

hwvlover wrote:

. . . . . . . I am normally between 1 and 2 metres from my target, approximately just over 3 feet to just over six.

For this reason I often have macro AF turned on...apart from anything else it means that I do not find that I am too close to get a focus...as you extend the lens in non-macro mode you will find you become too close to the target, the focal range changes from 1 metre to infinity to 2 metres to infinity when the lens is at about 230mm.

With my FZ330 and FZ1000 I usually keep Macro ON all the time. It is said to be, if anything, more accurate, especially in low light. Thus I get maximum range of shooting distance all the time.

The only alleged disadvantage is that Macro can be a bit slower, so I only switch it off where focus speed is critical, e.g. in fast action photography.

Mike

Mikedigi's gear list:Mikedigi's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic FZ1000 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow