Last shots before sending P900 in for service.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
KJaay Veteran Member • Posts: 6,233
Re: Last shots before sending P900 in for service.

Stan in NH wrote:

KJaay wrote:

Stan in NH wrote:

Bob A L wrote:

Would like to see the originals also. I just can't see anything that makes me think anything is wrong with the camera.

I could not get back the originals of these. About one out of every nine or ten shots are exposed properly, the rest are pretty much awful. The posted pictures here have all been heavily edited to bring out detail and restore light and color balance.

Out of camera, most images look very much like unprocessed RAW files and require processing to make them usable. No problem with focus, and all images are reasonably sharp right out of the camera. Having taken a few hundred shots with this camera, I know first hand that something is not right. After seeing some sample images I sent them, Nikon agreed and authorized a return for repair.

I wouldn't mind if these were actual RAW files and I had 30mb of data to work with, but they're 7mb jpeg files which limits just how much I can do with them. At this point I'll wait and see what UEG finds. My guess is the issue is in the metering circuitry or the sensor itself.

Like Bob and Mark said, we would like to see originals, these images look great.

-- hide signature --

KJ

This is one I did not process. It was shot at a -0.3 ev and is still badly overexposed. This was not set to Neutral either, but Standard. Color saturation was set higher than the default. This has been what I get most of the time ... and why I sent it in for repair.

I see what you mean, try setting contrast up a little and noise reduction to low, but I would send it in for a check up.

-- hide signature --

KJ

KJaay's gear list:KJaay's gear list
Canon PowerShot S3 IS Fujifilm X-S1 Nikon Coolpix P600 Nikon Coolpix P900 Canon EOS 450D
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow