How good is the Casio EX-100?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
Guy Parsons
Guy Parsons Forum Pro • Posts: 27,126
Re: How good is the Casio EX-100?

Erik Ohlson wrote:

Photoshop Elements 8

"Selection" tools to isolate the dark areas I wanted to work on, (doorway & upper windows), then "Enhance>Adjust Lighting>Shadows/Highlights".

This is, of course, an extreme example.

On the various forums, I see very few examples of the use of selections, which are a very valuable part of Photoshop.

Back when I first got Elements around 2005, one of the few books in my library about Photoshop was a book by Katrin Eismann about using selections in Photoshop. She said that selections were "the key to PS" but I didn't pay as much attention as I should have - it's taken me years to really learn how valuable the selection tools can be.

My favourite go-to has always been PaintShop Pro from way back in share-ware days (it's cheap and has about 95% of the controls of the full Photoshop and to me is a less clunky program to use than Photoshop) and again in that program selections make life easy. Selections combined with layers, where the layers can be images or parts of images or the layers can be correction layers, so you can quickly turn layers on and off to see the effect.

Also it has a huge range of graphics effects and fiddles plus of course can be linked to the huge set of controls available in the Nik collection. https://www.google.com/nikcollection/ and there you get about what used to be $600 worth of filters for free.

Of course a calibrated IPS type 10 bit monitor that delivers at least 100% of the sRGB gamut is a good tool to use to actually see properly what you are adjusting.

The IPS screens in some notebooks like my Lenovo look good but do not deliver that 100% sRGB.

Regards.... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow