D7500 Remote Control

Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
crescentmotor1 Forum Member • Posts: 51
D7500 Remote Control

I've been checking out my new D7500 for a few days and today I decided to check the remote control operation after turning on remote control in the menu (I really wish Nikon had not removed that setting from the release mode on top of the camera).  I first took some photos (using a tripod) standing in front of the camera.  I then moved to behind the camera and tried to take some more photos. The remote did not work.  Later, in looking at the user's manual, I noticed that there is nothing on the back of the camera labeled as an infrared sensor.  Surely the remote control can be used from a position behind the camera?  In looking at my old D7000, there are clearly infrared sensors on both the front and back of the camera.

Am I missing something?  I find it impossible to believe a remote cannot be used behind the camera in a hands-off manner.  That is how I take almost all of my landscape photos.  Is it possible that there is an unidentified sensor on the back on the camera that is just defective?

Thanks for your help.

Nikon D7000 Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow