Should I upgrade my EM1 ?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
glamisduner Junior Member • Posts: 41
Should I upgrade my EM1 ?

I'm a pretty casual user.  I don't usually take allot of photos with my real camera unless I am on vacation.  I also tend to lag on post processing my photos or printing them.  

Lately I seem to get better pictures from my nexus 6P which (I know I know, but it's true) is also more convenient and easier to use and share.  The Photosphere and panorama are coming out amazingly great from my phone vs using my camera.

I have the 12-40 lens but have found all raw images to be pretty soft when shot with it.  the JPG's look better, so I have been shooting RAW+ JPG (I'm lazy about post processing lately).  With my old E520 plus a prime lens I did not notice this issue with raw images though.

I know everyone will say that it's the photographer and not the camera but I know the basics and I just don't get sharp images, granted the phone camera is likely applying lots of corrections to make things look sharper.  EM1 is much better in low light too of course.

is the new EM1 mkII dramatically better than the EM1?

I originally bought top of the line to use my old lenses from my 4/3 camera (it's the only one that will auto focus with the adapter).  but I rarely use my old lenses anymore.  I'm starting to think the lack of sharpness might be an issue with the 12-40?  I'm going on vacation soon and will be bringing the EM1 on at least one more trip, and maybe I will test is using the old 14-54 and see if I do any better.

Would the EM-D E-M10 mkIII also be an upgrade from my EM1.1?

I got a quote for trading in my EM1 towards the new one, but I'd still need to come up with $1300 ouch!  Maybe I could just trade in or sell the old 4/3 lenses too...

Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow