Any thoughts on D800 vs D850

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Michael Firstlight Veteran Member • Posts: 3,177
Any thoughts on D800 vs D850

I have a D850 on order like many others.  It will get her when it gets here (I ordered mine about 55 minutes after it went on sale at B&H).   I love my D800 - have made wonderful images and made good money with it freelancing, but I always wanted to go bare (AA-less) and I do use all the MPs I can get for large-scale and very large scale imaging.  I also happen to want many of the new features.  For us D800 folks, upgrading may make a lot more sense than for D750/D810 users where the improvements are likely more incremental (and the same logic why I skipped the D810).

All that aside, I've seen very few comments/discussion about the jumo from a D800 (not even the 800E) to the D850.  Does anyone want to comment on the delta improvement in ISO and DR from the D800 to the D850?  Was the D810 the same as the D800 in these respects?  Better yet, anyone with a D800 now have a D850 and willing to give first hand impressions between the two?

Either way, I have no plans to cancelĀ  - else I might just have to wait to see for myself; I'm just very curious in anticipation

MFL

Michael Firstlight's gear list:Michael Firstlight's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM +12 more
Nikon D800 Nikon D810 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow