Your thoughts on this d850 image quality extensive review and comparison

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lb77 Regular Member • Posts: 125
Your thoughts on this d850 image quality extensive review and comparison

Nikon D850 Image Quality & Dynamic Range Review: vs D810, Canon 5DS-R, Sony a7R II, Olympus E-M1 II by Tony (youtube - you might have seen it already, but it's quite good)

Personally for my intend use (landscape and portraits) it kind of killed any doubts I might have: I'm keeping the d810 because the slight jump in image quality is not significant enough. The claim of having the same level of noise at double the ISO is debunked by Tony, but even that was not relevant to me because I shoot almost always at base ISO64.

I think however this camera seems to excel in some fields like wildlife photography (amongst others). The extra resolution, speed and improved autofocus should come in very handy and create a new kind of beast that wasn't there for those guys (i think!)

lb77's gear list:lb77's gear list
Ricoh GR II Nikon D810 Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +4 more
Nikon D810 Nikon D850 Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha a7R II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow