Wow, the a99ii continues to impress. Unbelievable DR & resolution

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dropnbassonu
dropnbassonu Regular Member • Posts: 161
Wow, the a99ii continues to impress. Unbelievable DR & resolution

We had a great day here in NC on Sunday so I took the family on a hiking adventure. Once we got to the top of the mountain I noticed a full sun dog and grabbed a few shots. I first tried to shoot at f/22 and get a sunstar through the rails of the old fire tower, but that didn't work so I took a step back and got this one before we left. I knew I had to underexpose to not blow out the sun dog and retain some detail, but in the process that would leave the fire tower and all of the foreground deeply underexposed. No fear though, as I was shooting with the trusty a99ii and Sigma 24-105. First is the raw, second is after a quick 10 minute edit on Capture One. BTW those aren't dust spots you see, they are crows way up in the sky. Posting a few others from the hike too, hope you find them worth looking at.

Hanging Rock, almost 2 miles away shot handheld with the 70-300G in a 30mph wind

Extreme crop of the above.

Leaves already starting to turn at the highest elevations

It wouldn't be a proper post without at least 1 kid picture.

dropnbassonu's gear list:dropnbassonu's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow