Last shots before sending P900 in for service.

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Stan in NH Regular Member • Posts: 453
Last shots before sending P900 in for service.

Wow, has this been a frustrating experience so far.  The camera is capable of very good IQ, has some really nice features in its special effects and scene modes, and that 2,000mm lens is awesome.  But, for some reason, the JPEG images coming right out of the camera are almost always terrible.  They are usually overexposed and look really washed out.  Even dialing in -0.3 exposure compensation doesn't help much.  I've tried all Picture Styles, and played around with every setting available, but about 80-90% of the out of camera images require as much or more work in post processing than my typical RAW files in the Canon CR2 format.  Something is wrong, and I suspect a bad sensor.  Anyway, I did get a return authorization through Nikon, although the service work for the P900 is not done by them.

My last day out with the P900 was a good bird day, and I was able to get some nice stuff after editing the images.  They looked terrible at first, but I can usually wind up correcting the problems in post processing.

I just hope they figure out what's wrong and send me back a more usable product.

Cedar Waxwing enjoying a snack

Warbler

A juvenile Woodpecker

Couldn't resist this shot of a Heron with a goose in the background

Stan in NH's gear list:Stan in NH's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V Canon EOS Rebel T6s Canon EOS 80D
Nikon Coolpix P900
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow