What should I get for starting photography?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Acusiont New Member • Posts: 1
What should I get for starting photography?

Hi guys, I'm new to all of this.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm thinking of starting photography. I currently work for Best Buy and have talked to some of the people who work in our camera department about what I should get/what would be good for what I plan on taking photos of (mostly pictures of my dog and Arizona landscapes, and probably taking pictures of stars). They've suggested the Nikon D3400, Canon T5i/T6i/T7i, and Sony a6000. For some reason, I'm leaning towards the Canon T7i. I guess my first question is, would this be a good choice for what I plan on doing?

My second is, when I decide what camera to get, should I build my own kit, or just buy one that has everything included with it (because the T7i is $849.99 at Best Buy right now, and I can get a kit with it, 2 32Gb cards, a tripod, camera strap, 2 extra lenses, and more, for $30 more). Building a similar kit with the T7i (with my discount), is coming to about $1400 before tax. Would it be worth it to build my own at the extra cost, or just hope most of the kit is usable and save the money? Also, what extra lens might I need?

Thanks for any help you guys are able to provide.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS Rebel T7i / EOS 800D / Kiss X9i Nikon D3400 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow