Still no FULLY articulating LCD and 1/4000s FLASH SYNC Locked

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
PhotoTeach2 Senior Member • Posts: 5,010
Still no FULLY articulating LCD and 1/4000s FLASH SYNC

Without a FULLY articulating LCD and unlimited 1/4000s w/ FLASH SYNC (@ f/16), I think I still prefer the FZ-1000. I use both of those features every day.

The fully-articulating LCD on the FZ-1000 can be "reversed" to protect it from belt-buckle (etc) scratches and can be used for arm-length "side" shooting, (or even more important from "ground" shooting "up" positions).

I also often use the FZ-1000 w/ flash-sync at 1/4000s to darken the background in sunlight.

I already have "fast" (DFD) AF on the FZ-1000, (albeit probably not quite as fast as now available), and the main thing I can see is the 24fps (@ C-AF).

And I have 600mm+ (actually 800mm) w/ FZ-1000 and iZoom that interpolates back to 20mpx. I would appreciate 600mm RAW but again not sure that is enough to justify the higher cost.

That is indeed good news but not sure it is worth $1700 compared to the value you can get for only $700.

I just wish they would sell the new sensor to Panasonic to see that they can do with it.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow