D500 battery life seems good now

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
briantilley
briantilley Senior Member • Posts: 2,667
D500 battery life seems good now

Given the spate of early complaints about battery life with the D500, I was interested to see how my camera coped with its first big shoot.

I used a new EN-EL15a battery (which as a new D500 owner I received as an exchange for an older Li-ion01 EN-EL15) that had been given an initial charge then topped up before the shoot. The camera has the latest firmware.

The shoot involved just over 1,000 shots over a 9-hour period at an airshow, all with AF and VR. There was also a significant amount of tracking between shots with AF and VR active. I was shooting 14-bit NEF's, saved to both cards. I chimped perhaps 1 shot in 3, and had Bluetooth and WiFi active for about 30 minutes in total, to transfer selected shots to Snapbridge after editing them in-camera to create JPEG's.

At the end of the day, the camera was still showing 2 bars (out of 5) on the battery level display.

So overall, I'm quite happy with battery life

briantilley's gear list:briantilley's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon D850 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED +22 more
Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow