Manual flash on Sony A68

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
einarhals New Member • Posts: 4
Manual flash on Sony A68

I have a studio flash system that can be triggered with a flash. Some cameras can set the flash manually. Every Nikon slr I have tried from the cheap old D40 can do this, Some Canons like the Canon 60D, but not the beginner ones, and my old Minolta 7Hi can also set the flash manually. I then typically set the flash to 1/32 or 1/64 or 1/124 so that it would trigger the studio flashes without lighting up the person. In the menu of these cameras you will find three options for flash: ADI, TTL and Manual. Without this function it is not possible to use the internal flash to trigger the studio flashes since it will use a preflash which will trigger the studio flashes to early.

I currently have the A37, A58 and a Nex 6, and neither of these can be set manually. You can only select between ADI and TTL. My workaround is to use the Minolta 5600HS which can be set to 1/32 which works fine.
So - my question are: Which Sony camera have this setting?

I am particularity curious about the a68 and the a6000, but also interested in knowing about A77, a99, a65 and versions of the a7.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha a99 Sony SLT-A58 Sony SLT-A65 Sony SLT-A68 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow