E-M5 mk1 half-black and full black frames

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Toerag New Member • Posts: 11
E-M5 mk1 half-black and full black frames

Has anyone else had the following problem? My E-M5 is starting to produce shots where

a) the bottom half of the image fades quickly to black i.e. top half is good, bottom half is black, and the transition between them is gradual. The transition is exactly horizontal.

or

b) the whole image is black.  It seems entirely random in when it does it, but I've not done extensive testing.  I'll come back to you all with an image sample and more info (like shutter count). Lenses used will be a choice of  be oly 17/1.8, oly 12-40pro, samyang 7.5 or oly 40-150 cheapy, most likely the 17. Firmware is all up to date.

I'm thinking its an electronic issue as pics I've seen of dying shutters show a diagonal blackness in part of the frame. I have the odd 'poor battery contact' issue where I have to remove and replace the battery, but I don't think it's that as the camera doesn't power down.

Toerag's gear list:Toerag's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow