Dragonfly with D850...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
StanyBuyle
StanyBuyle Contributing Member • Posts: 937
Dragonfly with D850...

Good morning to all of you!

Before someone feels the need to write how much better they could do with their D300, D70, or IPhone, or how many trillions of better dragonfly pictures can be found on 500px.com, -which is perfectly fine for me -, I do dragonfly photography since film and with my D1 and all its successors andI just love it...

Just D850 makes it again a little easier again than it was with my D800 and D4, especially if you want to do this kind of photography while shooting handheld on a walk through nature... Easier because of increased resolution, significant AF progress and much better images straight out of the camera...

An image from yesterday. NO post processing of any kind with exception of ©, taken handheld with my 105 AF-S, VR on, picture style on A(uto)

Normally I try to go much closer, but this one was very nervous and flew away whenever I wanted to approach...

D850' resolution, fast and extremely accurate AF gave me unexpected kind of detail though...

A 100% crop:

Thanks for your attention and kindest regards,

Stany

-- hide signature --

I like better one decent picture in a day than 10 bad ones in a second.
Registered on Dpreview since 2003.

StanyBuyle's gear list:StanyBuyle's gear list
Nikon D1 Nikon D1X Nikon D1H Nikon D2H Nikon D2X +1 more
Nikon D1 Nikon D300 Nikon D4 Nikon D70 Nikon D800 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow